The Consumer Banking team was created to meet the financial services needs of American Express's customers and build upon a broader Membership promise. This new and growing team will drive AXP’s innovation in banking services, identifying customer needs and innovating around new digital banking products. As a growing team, American Express is looking for colleagues who enjoy building from the ground up, have a strong external view and will roll up their sleeves to accomplish common goals.
The Manager, Savings Product Strategy will be a crucial part of the core team responsible for the growth and evolution of Amex Savings products, including high-yield savings and certificates of deposit. This role is focused on defining American Express's multi-year product strategy to accelerate acquisition, grow deposits, and expand membership in collaboration with several partners including Analytics, Pricing, Membership Operations, Marketing, and Finance.
- Manage customer research agenda and collaborate across the team to incorporate insights into ongoing projects and the design of a new savings product
- Maintain a cross-product view and partner across Consumer Banking to design, test, and evaluate strategies to deepen customer engagement
- Analyze competitors and innovative product examples, converting external trends into tangible recommendations for Product, Marketing, and Pricing teams
- Develop business cases to evaluate strategic opportunities and inform the Savings roadmap, prioritization process, and annual investment planning
- Communicate and present strategic work and recommendations to partners and leadership
- Strategic and creative thinking, with ability to navigate white space, assess business needs, and recommend solutions
- Outstanding interpersonal and influencing skills with the ability to work collaboratively with partners across different functions and levels
- Clear written and verbal communication with excellent synthesis skills
- Experience analyzing data and translating it into practical insights and recommendations
- Customer-first mentality; curiosity about Banking and FinTech preferred
- Positive “roll-up your sleeves” attitude and “start-up” mentality, including the flexibility to adapt as organization grows and evolves
- Comfortable working in more sophisticated technical and regulatory environment
- Bachelors Degree preferred
- Prior experience in Product Management, Marketing, or Consulting
At American Express, the organization knows that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether it is supporting customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, American Express's colleagues are constantly striving to uphold the powerful backing promises to American Express's customers and each other every day.
These beliefs have been American Express's North Star for 170 years as the business transformed – from helping evacuate travelers during World Wars, to ensuring the safety of customers’ funds during the Great Depression in the U.S., to creating the Shop Small® movement to help small businesses recover from the Financial Crisis, to providing aid to communities impacted by many natural disasters and so much more.