Build high-impact partnerships to launch and scale Stripe Terminal globally.
Stripe builds financial tools and economic infrastructure for the internet. We’re helping ambitious startups and the world’s most successful companies build products, create new business models, and scale their efforts globally. In pursuit of this mission, the Global Partnerships team is responsible for developing, executing, and managing partnerships and strategic initiatives that enable Stripe’s product and payments ecosystem.
Stripe Terminal enables Stripe users to extend their online presence into the physical world. With Terminal, businesses can unlock in-person payments experiences that are right for their business model—whether it’s creating a flagship retail experience, extending their website to a pop-up store, or enabling a mobile point-of-sale at their next event. The Terminal Partnerships team is part of the Global Partnerships organization and is responsible for developing and managing relationships that enable Stripe to launch and scale Terminal globally. Our team executes on high-impact, cross-functional initiatives that enable new product experiences and growth areas for Stripe Terminal through our partnerships.
We are looking for a strategic, outcome-oriented leader for the Terminal Partnerships team with strong product instincts and experience working with cross-functional teams. This leader will be instrumental in developing multi-year partnership plans, cultivating and maintaining strong executive relationships at partner organizations, and growing and mentoring a high-performing team.
- Develop and lead partnerships that empower our users to build point-of-sale experiences that will shape the future of in-person commerce
- Recruit and manage a high-performing team in alignment with Stripe’s principles and overarching mission and strategy
- Structure and negotiate first-of-kind deals for initial go-to-market or product enablement partnerships with large B2B technology companies, in existing and new geographies
- Collaborate closely with Product, Engineering, Technical Project Managers, Legal and other cross-functional teams to develop and execute our Terminal partner strategy
- Understand our partners’ key priorities, challenges, and internal roadmaps; regularly communicate insights and recommendations to the Terminal team
- 10+ years of experience in partnerships, business development, or similar role at a high-growth technology company, working closely with other technology or fintech companies on platform or product partnership efforts
- 5+ years of leadership and team management experience, including building out teams and creating high-performance, positive team cultures
- Strong agency, can handle ambiguity in a fast-moving organization, and thrives on a high level of autonomy and responsibility
- Technical acumen, an ability to understand Stripe’s product portfolio and strategy and use this understanding to define requirements with partners and evaluate new partnership opportunities
- Strong communication skills, in both verbal and written form, and ability to influence stakeholders across a wide variety of functions
Nice To Haves
- Domain expertise in commerce, hardware, payments, POS and/or logistics; go-to-market coordination
Stripe is a technology company that builds economic infrastructure for the internet. Businesses of every size—from new startups to public companies like Salesforce and Facebook—use the company’s software to accept online payments and run technically sophisticated financial operations in more than 100 countries. Stripe helps new companies get started and grow their revenues, and established businesses accelerate into new markets and launch new business models. Over the long term, Stripe aims to increase the GDP of the internet.