The Engineering team owns the delivery and stability of our product end-to-end. The Engineering team owns our customers’ ability to capture revenue through our platform. The Engineering Manager role centers around envisioning superior technical solutions to our customers’ payment needs, leading its implementation, and continuously ensuring reliable service to our customers. Finix is looking for a team member to join our Engineering team who brings exceptional technical acumen, attention to detail, interest to grow, and an obsession with building excellent scalable software.
- Lead multiple initiatives across teams and help to deliver the product.
- Deep dive into our customers’ needs and work with product management to define new services.
- Participate in the architecture, design, implementation, and best practices within your domain.
- Develop close relationships with product managers and peer engineers.
- Become an expert in the payments domain.
- Proactive and act as an advocate for your customers.
- An experienced candidate working with highly scalable systems.
- A coach and mentor to other members of the team.
- Leader and demonstrate close alignment and collaboration with Product, Support, and other development teams.
- 4+ years of software development experience in object-oriented languages like Java and 2+ years of managerial experience.
- Experience in developing and delivering secure public-facing APIs, highly available and observable services.
- Strong multitasking skills and can manage competing priorities.
- Raised the bar on every project you were involved in.
Finix is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Finix is on a mission to create the most accessible fintech market in history. To do so, we are building the global operating system for fintech. We’re rewriting the financial services industry, one API at a time, to lower barriers to entry, drive competition, and make the financial system more equitable and accessible to all businesses around the world.
Finix is unique in the market. We build payments infrastructure for vertically-focused software companies (think restaurant, yoga studio and winery software) and fintech providers so they can own and monetize payments without the heavy lift of building complex systems from scratch or relying entirely on disjointed third-party services. Our job is to make our customers’ lives easier by making payments invisible.