Chime processes hundreds of millions of dollars in transactions every week, including debit card purchases, mobile check deposits, transfers between banks, P2P payments, direct deposits, and more. As the Strategy Director for Account Integrity, you and your team will set fraud policy, drive cross-functional, strategic projects and initiatives, and establish operational excellence within the Account Integrity team. With high growth in the team’s people and processes, we need an experienced leader to build out this team and set an effective, member-focused policy for fraud strategy at Chime.
For Colorado based roles: In accordance with applicable law, this role has an annual starting salary of $209,000 plus bonus, a competitive equity package, and benefits (see below). The actual pay may be higher depending on your location, skills, qualifications, and experience.
- Hire and manage a team of experienced fraud policy and strategy professionals
- Provide strategic vision and execution of fraud risk policy management
- Support all policy management oversight responsibilities for Fraud Risk Management
- Develop and manage communication channels and information-sharing forums including a central knowledge base, stakeholder updates, and leadership summaries
- Facilitate prioritization and alignment of program updates, process changes, and emerging risk identification
- Provide cross team and cross functional engagement to ensure timely execution on deliverables, and transparency to affected subject matter experts
- Build and iterate on various processes with leaders and teams to drive alignment, build teams and engineering culture, simplify execution, and improve quality and efficiency
- BA or BS degree; MBA or other advanced graduate degree a plus
- 6+ years of Fraud/Risk Management experience
- Proven track record of people management, including experience managing nimble, distributed, multi-disciplinary teams
- Experience working at a hands on level with other groups like engineers, product managers, data analysts, operations analysts in building operations processes and systems
- Demonstrated conflict management and negotiation skills; including ability to influence and communicate cross-functionally with all levels of management
- Sound experience in troubleshooting and diagnostic methodology involving technical, cross-functional teams, when necessary
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment as well as accomplish work assignments under minimal supervision and sometimes tight deadlines
- Competitive salary based on experience
- 401k match plus the usual medical, dental, vision, life, and disability benefits
- Generous vacation policy and company-wide Take Care of Yourself Days
- Virtual events to connect with your fellow Chimers- think cooking classes, music festivals, mixology classes, paint nights, etc., and delicious snack boxes, too!
- A challenging and fulfilling opportunity to join one of the most experienced teams in FinTech and help create a completely new kind of banking service
Chime was created with the mission to make financial peace of mind a reality for millions of Americans. As one of the fastest-growing financial technology companies in the U.S., offering banking services that are helpful, easy, and free—because we want to profit with our members, not from them. Chime's model doesn’t rely on overdraft, monthly service, minimum balance, or other member fees—it just focuses on delivering member value.
How does Chime work? We partner with regional banks to design member-first financial products. This creates a more competitive market with better, lower-cost options for everyday Americans who aren’t being served well by traditional banks. Chime offers access to bank accounts with fee-free overdraft, provide members the chance to receive early access to their paychecks, help them improve their credit, and more!