The Blockchain and Digital Assets group is leading Mastercard’s cutting edge strategy to bring forward the future of payments technology and make it a reality. The team has a program of research and product development which will keep Mastercard at the heart of payments, supporting our multi-rail strategy with the best of what blockchain has to offer.
We are looking for a product development Director to join the team. The candidate will use the capabilities of blockchain and digital asset technology to support innovative new products. He or she will use their payment and crypto-currency expertise in refining new product opportunities to fit the needs of Mastercard’s customers and partners. Internally, the jobholder will work with a cross-functional team comprising of Product & Engineering, Franchise, Compliance, Regulation, and regional teams to develop the product solution and deliver the end-to-end product life cycle. He or she will also be a “go-to” person for education, thought leadership, and technical product knowledge.
- Responsible for developing innovative solution concepts that have strategic fit and value to Mastercard’s customers and partners
- Lead the ideation, definition, design, and development of innovative blockchain and digital asset solutions
- Drive innovation all the way from prototyping, piloting, and market validation
- Work with cross-functional teams to define and deliver a product and technology roadmap
- Establish shared vision across the company by influencing and building consensus among the various stakeholders
- Evaluate the business value of solution concepts for Mastercard and its customers
- Monitor crypto-currency ecosystem trends, technological developments, threats, and risk management strategies, and implement appropriate solutions.
- Stay informed of the overall market landscape, including competitors and potential partners
- Experience in bringing new products to market using well established processes in line with Mastercard’s product development approach. This includes experience and comfort in working in cross-functional teams.
- Experience building and contributing to well-known blockchain/crypto projects is desirable
- In-depth understanding of payment solutions in a variety of market segments, with the ability to use the knowledge of these markets to identify product use cases. This includes familiarity with relevant industry standards and regulatory requirements
- In-depth knowledge of digital asset and crypto-currency ecosystems is desirable
- Good commercial insight, with experience of building a value proposition for all participants in a payments ecosystem, including Mastercard, our customers and partners.
- Excellent communication skills, with an ability to simplify and describe complex concepts and technologies to an audience of varied knowledge
- A strong entrepreneurial mindset with the ability to learn quickly, adapt to a changing market landscape, and challenge the status quo.
- Sound judgement, based on god analytical skills and the ability to digest complex problems
- Highly organized with strong liking for detail
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All Activities Involving Access To Mastercard Assets, Information, And Networks Comes With An Inherent Risk To The Organization And Therefore, It Is Expected That The Successful Candidate For This Position Must
Every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security.
- Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
- Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
- Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
- Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Mastercard is a global technology company in the payments industry. Our mission is to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. With connections across more than 210 countries and territories, we are building a sustainable world that unlocks priceless possibilities for all.